Last Updated – 01 March 2016
Affect Energy Ltd ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out how information we collect from you, or you provide to us, will be processed by us. It also explains what cookies we use on this Website.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, as amended (the “Act”), the data controller is Affect Energy Ltd of Unit 7 Riverside Business Centre, Brighton Road, Shoreham-By-Sea, West Sussex, England, BN43 6RE
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you, for example when you insert information into the Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, transfer your energy supply to us or purchase any other goods and services from us. The information you give us may include, but is not limited to your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, metering and consumption information and your financial and bank account/credit and debit card information.
Information we collect about you. When you visit our Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
Information we receive from other sources. We sometimes work with other third parties (including, for example, affiliated companies, parties that provide website or mobile application hosting services, ‘web chat’ services, payment and billing services, metering agents, analytics providers, search information providers, and credit reference agencies) and we may receive information about you from them.
Performance Analytic cookies
- Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptoutFrom time-to-time, AffectEnergy may engage third parties to track and analyze usage and volume statistical information from individuals who visit the Company’s Web sites.
- MyAffect Account cookies:
If you wish to contact affectEnergy using the online form then the Company uses a thirdparty service to manage these email systems and cookies are used to track the form usage and FAQs.
If you wish to restrict or block cookies set by this Website you can do this through your browser settings. The "Help" function within your browser should give details of how to do this. Alternatively, you can find more details on how to control or delete cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that you may not be able to use many of the services on our Website without cookies.
How we will use your information
We will use your information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us, which may include sharing such information with third parties to carry out certain services or provide such information to you on our behalf;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to host, administer and improve our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to benefit from the Website and to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- asking you to participate in surveys and feedback relating to the Website and for processing and analysing the results of that survey or feedback;
- providing you with the information your request from us and keeping a record of the information you have been provided; and
- for other purposes we have advised you of or for which you provide your information to us for.
Where we receive information from other sources, we may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following ways:
- we may use third parties to process personal information and provide services on our behalf, (for example, to provide website or mobile application hosting services, to facilitate the provision of information to you or to provide services to you);
- we may share your personal information with third parties who may contact you directly in relation to goods or services which may be of interest to you;
- we may release your personal information when we are required to do so for legal or regulatory purposes, to enforce our rights and/or comply with our obligations to you, or others, or as part of legal proceedings;
- to protect our rights, property, or the safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, including meter tampering and energy theft, and credit risk reduction.
- we may disclose your identity and contact details to any third party who claims that information you have provided is in violation of their rights or who has otherwise been harmed by you in relation to your use of the Website and/or our services. You will provide us with all relevant information we require relating to any such claim without delay;
- we may give personal information we hold about you to third parties as part of the process of selling our business;
- we may release your personal information to others in any other circumstances when you have given your consent to that release;
In some circumstances, we may transfer your personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area. If this occurs we will take steps to ensure that adequate measures are taken to protect your personal information; and/or
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will have in place procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you when we collect your data if we intend to use it for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by telling us when we collect your information, you can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
You have a right to access information held about you in accordance with your rights under the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with information we hold about you, and you may be required to provide certain information to us so that we can verify your identity before releasing any information to you.