Working with Affect Energy
We're recruiting again!
We're looking for 2 Customer Support Executives - ideally full time. The job description below should help you understand more about us and the role we have on offer.
Customer Support Executive
Full Time - 40 hours per week (based in Shoreham By Sea, West Sussex)
Starting salary: £19,500 (negotiable based on experience)
We're a new energy company, founded with a rebellious spirit and a determination to do things right; to make a difference. We know, from experience, that most people just want to be treated well by their energy supplier and receive a good deal. So, that’s what we’ve set out to do – we call this ‘Simply Brilliant Energy’. We’re at the start of something really exciting, and we’re looking for a like-minded person to join us.
About the job
Your main role will be keeping customers happy. We’re keen to treat customers as we would like to be treated ourselves.You’ll be as happy communicating with customers on social media and email, as you are over the phone – we’re aiming to provide as much customer service as we can through digital channels – so helping customers to help themselves will be a key part of your job. We’re also placing a lot of emphasis on getting things right first time, so when you’re not communicating with customers directly, your time will be spent making sure that our back office processes are in good order; customer accounts are billing correctly and ensuring that the customer service information on our website is up to date and relevant. As we’re a small business there’s a large amount of scope to grow, not only as a business but personally too. You’ll be part of a close knit team where your voice will be heard; your opinions will matter and you’ll be able to make a difference.
Day to day activities
The sort of things that you will be doing on a day to day basis will include:
- Resolving customer’s queries in a way that makes them smile. You may be on the phone one minute, and social media or email the next
- Helping customers to help themselves – making sure that customers can self-serve effectively
- Improving the content that we have available to customers on our website - what do we need on there and is the existing content working?
- Reviewing customers’ accounts to avoid any future issues – active account management through regular health checks
- Coming up with ideas to make Affect Energy’s customer services even better
Hello. Is it you we’re looking for?
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Experienced in the energy industry
- Great with people – whatever the channel – this is first and foremost a customer service role
- Inquisitive – we need someone who will chase down the root cause of a problem and solve the issue for all customers, not just the one they are dealing with.
- Self motivated - capable of working independently; prioritising their workload and taking initiative
- Quick to learn - comfortable at picking up new tools and working with them
- Flexible - not only is this more than a traditional customer service role, as we’re a small company we may need you to go beyond your role
- Passionate – we’d like you to care about the things we’re passionate about: trying new things; putting people first and not getting caught up in corporate jibber jabber
- Driven - There’s always going to be loads to do, and not all of it glamorous
- A bit geeky. A good grasp of modern technology is really important, as is a willingness to learn – every day is a school day after all.
What can we do for you?
- You will have the opportunity to work with energy industry gurus
- You’ll get experience working with our 3rd party providers: digital development and customer systems
- All team members are encouraged to take on new skills and to try new things – we’re not afraid to try and fail
- Our senior management is open, honest and transparent. We’ll share key company performance information, including financials on a regular basis
- Great office environment with river views and only a short walk into town
- Easy to get to work - 5 minutes from Shoreham station; parking available and area to store a bike indoors
This isn’t a generic customer support job. It’s the chance to get on board something different right from the start. It could take you in a number of directions. Try us. We think you’ll like it.
Please send your CV, covering letter or anything else that you think would help us make the right decision to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday 26th May 2017.
All of our communications will come from an affectenergy.com email address. If you receive information from any other email address claiming to be us then please ignore these emails.